Black and Decker FP6010 Performance Dicing Food Processor Review
Choosing a food processor does not need to be a daunting task, even when you have many different needs. If you want a powerful food processor and need to prepare different amounts from small sauces to larger stews, you don’t need to buy two different sized appliances.
The Black and Decker Dicing Food Processor can work all day with its powerful motor without leaving you in the lurch before a big dinner. This is a good, standard food processor but offers versatility in its capacity with a large 11 cup work bowl and a smaller 4 cup work bowl.
In the following review, we will take a look at the features, pros, and cons of this Black and Decker Dicing food processor to help you to decide if this digitally controlled, stainless steel food processor is the right fit for your cooking needs.
- It has a large 11 cup capacity work bowl
- It also has a smaller 4 cup capacity work bowl
- It has a powerful 800-watt motor
- It comes with stainless steel slicing and shredding discs, a dough blade, and a chopping blade
- It has digital controls
- It comes with a storage case included to save space and avoid parts going missing.
- Color is black and stainless steel
- It has a heavy duty stainless steel base
- Dimensions: 17.75 x 11 x 14.5in (45.08 x 28 x 36.8 cm)
- Weight:14 lb (6.3kg)
- Very strong motor
- Extra wide mouth of the chute is useful
- The 2 different sized work bowls are very convenient
- Easy to use
- Separate storage container for blades
- Compact design makes for easy storage
- The S-Blade works very well
- Many different parts to store takes up additional space
- Plastic discs with metal blades are not as durable
- Adjustable slicing is difficult to do
- Does not clean easily
This is a stylish and modern looking food processor. Because it has such a powerful motor and sharp blades it can handle a variety of ingredients including frozen fruit and ice cubes. It is good for dicing hard vegetables like potatoes or carrots and also grates well.
Adjustable slicing and cheese grating are not the best functions of this processor and it is not the easiest to clean, but it is compact and very fast for its size. The choice of dishwasher safe working bowls is handy.
Compared to other food processors in its class, the S-Blade works very well. Backed by the powerful motor it slices almost any ingredient easily. Some of the accessories do not work quite as well as the Standard S-Blade.
The addition of the storage unit for the blades is useful and not something that is added to all food processors of this size. The versatility of two working bowls is a useful feature if you need the size and power of a larger model but also need to prepare small amounts quickly.
The smaller 4 cup working bowl is larger than other models that have an additional bowl with a size that is usually only 2-3 cups. It has 3 different speeds that put it in the mid-to low range, between processors that have only one speed setting and professional level processors with up to 11 different speeds.
If it’s power that you want then the Black and Decker Dicing Food Processor is your guy. The 800-watt motor really dices and purees in a very short amount of time. Not only is this food processor powerful, it is compact and offers versatility with the two different sized working bowls.
It comes with numerous blades and the storage unit for the blades keeps everything nicely squared away if you have the space. It has 3 basic speeds and will suit you well if you need to work quickly with heavier ingredients.
It really is a workhorse and is best suited to the kitchen where there is an opportunity for this machine to show what it can do.